Finally I have decided to start a blog. It took a while to convince myself that it is the right thing to do. I tried to consider all the obvious and not-so-obvious reasons and ended up with a list of 9 reasons. Here is that list in decreasing importance (Well maybe not)
- Develop myself to be one of world’s leading expert on project management
- Spread knowledge and help others understand concepts
- Contribute to the project management knowledge base
- Strengthen project management as a profession
- Obtain readers’ comments on my thoughts and understandings and learn from diverse opinions
- Network with other project management bloggers
- Express opinion on project management related issues
- Use blogging as a medium to establish strong internet presence
- Create project management consulting opportunities
Do you see any of these as egocentric? Do you blog for any other reason?
I plan to blog regularly. Maybe once a week at the start. So next one is due in a week. No hurry.